Accepts / Does NOT Accept CA Judgment
Pre Birth / Post Birth
Married Hetero Couple
Unmarried Hetero Couple
Unmarried Same-Sex Couple
One Bio Connection
Two Bio Connections
No Bio Connections
✓ (if embryo donation)
Vital Records Information
Contact: Betty Thomas Derry (Address: PO Box 53551, Oklahoma City OK 73152-3551, Phone: (405) 271-4040, Fax: (405) 271-4026, Email: [email protected])
- IRLG lists Sue A. Bordeaux ([email protected], 405-271-8552)
Send a certified Judgment to: (if our records have different information, update!)
Oklahoma Division of Vital Records
ATTN: Sue A. Bordeaux
1000 NE 10th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Judgment: Must include EDD, child(ren)’s name, expected place of delivery, all parties’ dates of birth, places of birth and current addresses.
- SLC had previously had these reviewed by VR prior to sending to court- not indicated in notes, so confirm prior to proceeding
Birth Certificates: The original record will have all of the GC’s information listed, then that record will be sealed and a new record with the IPs will be issued from VR.
- The Intended Parents will have to go to VR to amend the record and put their names on the birth certificate.
- Intended Parents need to request from the hospital a birth certificate request form as they will need to present this form when they go to VR along with their certified judgment.
- It is possible to get the birth certificate within a few days, after the hospital enters the birth record and IP (either one) goes to the VR office with a certified Judgment in person.
- **If our office orders the birth certificates it will take 20-24 weeks to receive them.**
- In 2019 VR informed us that for same-sex couples, one IP will need to be listed as mother, and one as father- no father-father or parent-parent birth certificates available! (Confirm before proceeding with any same-sex cases)
Joni J. Franklin
Franklin Law Office, P.A.