Accepts / Does NOT Accept CA Judgment
Accepts, but registration is required
Pre Birth / Post Birth
Married Hetero Couple
Unmarried Hetero Couple
Unmarried Same-Sex Couple
One Bio Connection
Two Bio Connections
No Bio Connections
State Law Governing Gestational Surrogacy
There is no law in Kansas addressing gestational surrogacy. Because it is not prohibited, gestational surrogacy may be practiced.
Vital Records Information
Contact: Megan in Amendments (785) 296-1436, Fax: 785 559 4218; Kansas VR General Line: (785) 296-1430
- Prior to the birth, send VR a certified copy of the Order and the Kansas Registration.
Judgment: Judgment and IVF Declaration must state genetic connection – source of sperm & egg
- Judgment must include amendment language to remove GC as well as IPs’ marital status, date of birth, place of birth and address, maiden name of IM, social security as N/A and level of education of IPs.
- Judgment will need to be registered per Vital Records. This can be done using a Kansas attorney (Karen Rosenberg) [email protected]; Fax: 816-756-1999. Send Karen copy of certified Judgment of Parentage, and IP and GC addresses.
Birth Certificates: After the birth, VR will amend the birth record to add IM as mother. This takes about a week and after it is completed IPs can submit a birth certificate order form.
Link to birth certificate order form: http://www.kdheks.gov/vital/birth_howto_regular_mail.html
- After amendment is processed, IPs can pick up birth certificate on the same day or request by mail (7-10 days)
- Please send an self- addressed envelope with the birth certificate application and include payment:
- $15 amendment fee
- $15 for each birth certificate ordered
- Expedited Requests:
- Office of Vital Statistics
- Attn: Linda Amrine (note- Linda no longer works at VR- new contact is Megan- confirm with Megan who to address to before sending!)
- 1000 SW Jackson St Ste 120
- Topeka KS 66612
Karen S. Rosenberg
Direct Dial: (816) 285-6014
Fax: (816) 756-1999